Custom E. coli Protein Expression Services
The E. coli expression system is the most widely used expression system for recombinant proteins. Advantages of using E. coli for protein expression are low cost, high expression level, ease of scaling, and a short turnaround time.
- High Efficiency: Our collection of more than ten host strains and various proprietary or non-proprietary vectors guarantees the selection of the most efficient expression system.
- High Productivity: Multiple fusion tags and our proprietary AIE technology are available in-house to increase protein solubility and production and to decrease purification cost, even for toxic proteins.
- Refolding: We have established an effective protein refolding system consisting of 20 refolding buffers optimized with nine parameters to increase the chances of obtaining soluble and bioactive proteins.
- Large-Scale Production: We are able to produce up to 500L of E. coli cell culture for gram scale production.
- Modifications: Metabolic labeling with stable isotopes (13C and 15N) and biotinylation are available.
- Competitive Pricing
Cloning and Expression
- Codon optimization and gene synthesis (optional)
- Subcloning gene of interest into E. coli expression vector
- Construction of expression strains and optimization of expression conditions
Pilot Scale Expression and Production
- 2 liters of bacterial cell culture
- Inducing cells with IPTG and cell harvesting for purification
- Purifying protein with or without tag by affinity column, gel filtration, ion exchange, or hydrophobic column
- Removal of fusion/purification tag
- 5mg of pilot protein production
- Large-scale fermentation up to 500L with 60-80g cell pellet/liter
- Large-scale purification up to gram scale
- Protein refolding
- Metabolic labeling with stable isotopes (13C and 15N)
- Large-scale fermentation
- Large-scale purification
- Process development