License & Patents
1. A license under U.S. Patents 4,683,202, 4,683,195 and 4,965,188 or their foreign counterparts, owned by Roche Molecular Systems, Inc. and F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd (Roche"), has an up-front fee component and a running-royalty component. The purchase price of this product includes limited, non-transferable rights under the running-royalty component to use only this amount of the product to practice the Polymerase Chain Reaction ("PCR") and related processes described in said patents solely for the research and development activities of the purchaser when this product is used in conjunction with a thermal cycle whose use is covered by the up-front fee component. Rights to the up-front fee component must be obtained by the end user in order to have a complete license. These rights under the up-front fee component may be purchased from Applied Biosystems or obtained by purchasing an Authorized Thermal Cycler. No right to perform or offer commercial services of any kind using PCR, including without limitation reporting the results of purchaser's activities for a fee or other commercial consideration, is hereby granted by implication or estoppel. Further information on purchasing licenses to practice the PCR Process may be obtained by contacting the Director of Licensing at Applied Biosystems, 850 Lincoln Centre Drive, Foster City, California 94404 or the Licensing Department at Roche Molecular Systems, Inc., 1145 Atlantic Avenue, Alameda, California 94501.
2. The inhibition of the expression of a given target gene by siRNA may be protected by patent rights of Ribopharma AG. The use of certain RNAi fragments may be protected by patent rights of the Carnegie Institute of Washington, Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, the Max-Planck-Gesellschaft zur Forderung der Wissenschaften E.V., the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and the University of Massachusetts Medical Center. To obtain a license thereunder for your specific application of gene suppression with small RNA molecules, please contact the named patent owners.
3. The purchase of products with or in which Cy®5 amidite, Cy®3 amidite and Cy®5.5 amidite may be used or combined, includes a limited non-exclusive sublicense under U.S. Patents 5,556,959 and 5,808,044 and foreign equivalent patents and other foreign and U.S. counterpart applications to use the amidites in such product to perform research. NO OTHER LICENSE IS GRANTED EXPRESSLY, IMPLIEDLY OR BY ESTOPPEL. Use of such product for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited without written permission from Amersham Biosciences Corp. For information concerning availability of additional licenses to practise the patented methodologies, please contact Amersham Biosciences Corp., Business Licensing Manager, Amersham Place, Little Chalfont, Bucks, HP79NA.
4. DIG labelled custom made nucleic acids for use in the analysis of nucleic acid sequences is for research purposes only, and may not be used in routine human diagnostics. This product is licensed from Boehringer Mannheim GmbH, now Roche Diagnostics group, under European Patent rights 0 173 251, 0 324 474, and 0 324 468.
5. Alexa Fluor® dyes are provided under license from Molecular Probes, Inc., for research use only, and are covered by U.S. Patents 5,696,157 and 6,130,101 and their foreign counterparts.
6. BODIPY®, Texas Red®, Oregon Green®, Rhodamine Red™, Pacific Blue™, Marina Blue®, Cascade Blue®, Rhodamine Green™ dyes are provided under license from Molecular Probes, Inc., for research use only, and are covered by U.S. Patents 4,774,339; 5,132,432; 5,227,487; 5,274,113; 5,696,157; 5,798,276; 5,830,912; 5,846,737; 5,955,612; 6,162,931 and their foreign counterparts.
7. The use of Custom Molecular Beacon Probes employs the following patent rights from The Public Health Research Institute of the City of New York: (a) the claims of U.S. Patent Application Serial No. 08/439,819; (b) the claims of U.S. Patent Application Serial No. 08/990,176; and (c) all patent application claims and all patent claims, U.S. and foreign, that cover improvements in the foregoing claimed probes, kits and assays and whose subjects are inventions and discoveries that are made by the Public Health Research Institute of New York. The use of Custom Molecular Beacon Probes is limited to the field of use comprising the internal use by an end user of a product solely in assays of the end user (or in applications of the end user's customer, if the end user is performing contract research) in scientific research and development.
8. Black Hole Quencher™, BHQ-0™, BHQ-1™, BHQ-2™ and BHQ-3™, CAL Fluor dyes, CAL Fluor Gold 540, CAL Fluor Orange 560, and CAL Fluor Red 610 are registered trademarks of Biosearch Technologies, Inc., Novato, California, U.S.A. ('BTI') Patents are currently pending for the BHQ technology and such BHQ technology is licensed by the manufacturer pursuant to an agreement with BTI and these products are sold exclusively for research and development use only. They may not be used for human or veterinary in vitro or clinical diagnostic purposes and they may not be re-sold, distributed or re-packaged. For information on licensing programs to permit use for human or veterinary in vitro or clinical diagnostic purposes, please contact Biosearch Technologies, Inc.
9. IRDye700™ and IRDye800™ are exclusively sold by LI-COR, inc. worldwide. metabion has a licence from LI-COR, inc to manufacture and sell IRDye labelled custom oligonucleotides for the research market field. Any commercial use or resale requires a separate license from LI-COR, inc. LI-COR and/or University of Nebraska.
10. LightCycler Probes are sold under license from HoffmannLa-Roche Ltd. No license under these patents to use the PCR Process is conveyed expressly or by implication to the purchaser by the purchase of this product. Further information on purchasing licenses to practice the PCR process may be obtained by contacting the Director of Licensing at Roche Molecular Systems, Inc., 1145 Atlantic Avenue, Alameda, California 94501. Custom synthesis of LC probes and oligonucleotides containing LCRed dyes under licence of Roche Diagnostics. All products are for research only. LightCycler™ is a trademark of Idaho Technology Inc.
11. ZNA oligonucleotides are made and sold under license from Polyplus-transfection. ZNA products are sold for research use only. Any resale, commercial use or diagnostic uses require a separate license from Polyplus-transfection. Their use in human or in vivo therapeutic applications is all prohibited.
12. Sulfurization reagent (Beaucage Reagent) falls under US patent 5,003,097
13. Iso-bases are covered by US patents 5,432,272, 6,001,983, 6,037120 and 6,140,496, property of EraGen Biosciences, Inc.
14. PPG (deaza monomers) and Aldehyde modifiers are the IP of Epoch Biosciences.
15. Cy 3,3.5,5,5.5 are covered by patents 5,556,959 and 5,808,044 belonging to Amersham Biosciences Corp.
16. Fluorous Affinity Purification are covered by US patents 6,673,539, 6,156,896, 5,859,247 and 5,777,121, property of Fluorous Technologies, Inc.
1. The use of certain fluorogenic probes in 5' nuclease assays may be covered by U.S. Patents 5,210,015 and 5,487,972, owned by Roche Molecular Systems, Inc, and by U.S. Patent 5,538,848, owned by The Perkin-Elmer Corporation. The purchase of Bio-Synthesis product does not provide a license to use this patented technology. A license must be obtained by contacting the Director of Licensing Applied Biosystems, 850 Lincoln Centre Drive, Foster City, CA 94404 or the Licensing Department at Roche Molecular Systems Inc., 1145 Atlantic Avenue, Almeda, CA 94501.
2. The BHQ®, CAL Fluor® and Quasar® dyes and products incorporating them are to be used for research & development purposes only and may not be used for any commercial, clinical, in vitro diagnostic or other use. Products incorporating these dyes are subject to the proprietary world-wide rights of Biosearch Technologies, Inc. and are made and sold under license from Biosearch Technologies, Inc.